An exciting opportunity has arisen working for a healthcare provider based in Berkshire. My client is looking to recruit a Minor Works & Finishing Surveyor on a contract basis for 3 – 6 months.
The surveyor will be responsible for feasibility studies, design and contract administration of minor capital works projects. To assist surveyors on larger projects with the Finishing and handover elements of a project.
• To carry out surveys of properties, feasibility studies, cost estimates and prepare reports.
• To prepare drawings, specifications and other contract documentation using CAD & IT systems, for design and construction of schemes, taking into account current legislation, guidance and good practice.
• Arrange for tenders and quotations for works in accordance with the Client’s instructions.
• To manage projects including resource, financial and administrative contracts, in accordance with the procedures required by the J.C.T. Standard Forms of Contract or such other forms of contract, as applicable.
• Supervise works through to and including handover, commissioning and where required, agree interim payments and final account.
• To develop and manage construction programmes, which involves organisation of internal and external agencies.
• When requested, investigate specialist and technical problems throughout Berkshire and surrounding areas and provide assistance to NHS Trust Unit and Regional Officers.
• Maintain personal and project records as required such as Office Practice Notes, Time Sheets and alike
• To undertake and participate in additional training as may be required or by the employee’s own professional institutions in furtherance of personal C.P.D.
• Ensure adherence to all Trust’s policies and procedures.
• Liaise with and co-ordinate the activities of other technical staff, professional consultants and other members of the design team, as and when appointed by the client, ensuring satisfactory standards of design.
• Ensure that all projects comply in all respects with the Trust’s Standing Orders, Financial Instructions, NHS Guidance and Advice Notes, Codes of Practice and Statutory Requirements, and NHS Estates Policies.
• To keep abreast of current issues within the industry.
• To undertake any other duties appropriate to the role of a Minor Works and Finishing Surveyor.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years experience working in the public sector, ideally on healthcare buildings and be able to use CAD to a basic level. You will not be required to create drawings but to alter and amend using CAD.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Reference - MTMWFSB
Duration - 3 - 6 months
Hourly rate: £ 22 to £24