This document sets out the framework by which MMP Consultancy seeks to minimise the impact of its operations on the environment and natural resources.
This policy applies to all staff working for MMP Consultancy
3.1 RC: Recruitment Consultant
3.2 CO: Compliance Officer
3.3 CM: Compliance Manager
3.4 DM: Divisional Manager
4.1 Framework Agreements
4.2 Environmental legislation
5.0 Policy and Process
MMP Consultancy adheres to all relevant environmental legislation, and is committed to minimising air, water and land pollution.
MMP Consultancy is aware of its responsibility to prevent the risk of pollution and minimise any adverse effects that its operations have on the environment. By working to reduce the volume of natural resources the company consumes and the amount of waste it creates, the company will become more efficient and more environmentally friendly.
The company is committed to a responsible approach to purchasing and reducing the environmental impact of goods and service consumed by the organisation.
The company’s main consumables are as follows: –
- Energy for heat, light and power for office equipment
The disposal of the waste products produced by this consumption, is generally not within the control of the company. The waste products of energy production are dealt with by the company’s energy suppliers or, in the case of gas or oil heating, vented direct to the atmosphere in a way that conforms to government regulations. The same is true of transport. The company has more control over its disposal of wastepaper but even so, this is mediated by the use of serviced office accommodation and is dependent upon the arrangements that exist for each particular building. The company has a duty to ensure that confidential documents are disposed of in an appropriate way can seek to influence the service arrangements over the disposal of waste paper and encourage recycling.
Paper: The company will endeavour to reduce its consumption of paper and encourage recycling by:-
- Utilising electronic means of communication and data recording where possible
- Using both sides of a sheet of paper where possible, for example, in the production of reports, printed
forms, when photocopying etc.
- Using 100% recycled paper or paper with a high recycled content, wherever possible
- Keeping address lists up to date so that materials are not wasted by circulation to people who do not
need or want them
- Ordering printed materials in moderation, so that waste is minimised when material has to be updated.
The introduction of programmed review dates for materials assists this process
- Placing re-cycling bins at convenient places around the office to encourage the recycling of paper
- Making the best use of natural light
- Using energy efficient light bulbs
- Turning off lights that are not required and making use of “presence sensors” in service areas such as
toilets and kitchens
- Ensuring that power saving features on personal computers are activated, that monitors are turned off
when employees are not at their desk and that all the components of the PC are turned off on finishing
Energy: The company will endeavour to reduce energy consumption by:
Transport: The company will endeavour to minimise the impact its operations have on the environment by
encouraging the use of more efficient means of transport than the motor car by:-
- Encouraging the use of public transport by visitors, wherever possible, by locating company premises
near to public transport routes and publicising such routes
- Encouraging the use of public transport by employees travelling on company business
- Encouraging the use of less or non-polluting transport to work by employees, for example, by providing
secure bicycle stands and motor-cycle parking and car sharing schemes
- Acquisition of fuel-efficient motor vehicles for company business.
The company commits to ensuring that all staff members have access to the Environmental Policy via the
intranet and circulate updates of the policy when changes to the policy occur. Details of the policy form part of
the induction process for all new employees.