MMP Consultancy are currently seeking a Building Safety Manager for an interim position with a social housing organisation based in Central London who cover London in its entirety.
About the role
Job Title: Building Safety Manager
Salary: £350 per day (Neg.)
Location: Southeast London (Hybrid Working)
Client: Social Housing Provider (TBC on application)
We are seeking a Building Safety Manager for a major landlord, the role will require someone who will take the lead on a patch of high-rise properties, make decisions based on the best practice and future proofing principles. Management of documentation, liaison with multiple internal teams and external contractors / consultants. Ensuring the compliance of all properties within the patch and any works are being managed appropriately.
• Effectively contribute to the wider Building Safety team to provide ongoing support to colleagues and others through the sharing of knowledge, experience and skills.
• Actively supervise the safe management of higher-risk residential buildings through an operational understanding of their construction, complexity, use, hazard profile and analysis of associated risk.
• Implement and maintain effective controls in respect of structural and fire safety ensuring that all life safety systems are effectively managed and maintained.
• Ensure that building safety information is current, available and in the required format to the London Fire Brigade and other regulatory, and professional agencies.
• Ensure that the resident engagement strategy is in place, that it has been communicated and understood by residents and that it is effectively applied to ensure that any safety concerns are recorded, reported, monitored, and tracked to their appropriate completion.
• Provide a frequent and visible presence within allocated buildings to offer professional, informed advice and support to residents, authorities, and other stakeholders on the fire safety strategy to ensure they are clearly defined, and understood as to responsibilities, decisions, and actions that individuals should an event occur.
• Ensure that regular inspections and monitoring activities are conducted to understand how residents are using the building.
• LFB, Facilities Management or Surveying Background Preferred
• Building Pathology / Compliance Knowledge
• Resident Liaison skillset
Duration - Rolling Contract
Hourly rate: £ 400 per day Inside IR35