MMP Consultancy are currently seeking an experienced Disrepair Surveyor to work an interim contract with a public sector housing organisation in North London.
• Manage disrepair cases within the organisation in their entirety to ensure a seamless delivery of service.
• Undertake feasibility reports for Disrepair claims, recognising what liabilities are under the council and what are under the tenant.
• Create specifications of work to rectify any defects or repairs.
• Liaise consistently with the tenant to ensure communication agreements are being upheld.
• Manage outcomes and resolutions in negating disrepair claims and escalate accordingly where required.
• Pre and post inspections / investigations in relation to disrepair cases.
• Raising work orders within the repairs policy, utilising National Housing Federation Schedule of Rates and reflect any variations / recommendations made by Single Joint Experts.
• Liaise with the contractor, monitor, and progress all repairs as recommended by external surveyors and Consultants.
• Provide weekly summary reports of all ongoing Disrepairs and Managed cases outlining levels of performance and problem areas.
• Attend all necessary internal meetings to discuss and agree repairs to Disrepairs and Managed cases.
• Ensure a cost effective and well managed service is being provided at every stage of the case.
Experience / Qualifications
• HNC, HND, BTEC HND or higher, in a building discipline, or over 5 years hands on experience of related repairs surveying/ construction from a trade background.
• Evidence of continuing professional development.
• Relative experience of building maintenance in a local authority or other registered social landlord.
• Experience of developing excellent relationships with customers, members and colleagues in all services and agencies, understanding of different roles in promoting successful service.
• Experience of working to strict deadlines within a busy multi agency setting.
• Experience in the management and administration of domestic building repairs.
Rate: £34 per hour (Inside IR35)
Location: North West London
Expenses: Business related parking and mileage is paid.
Contract: Rolling Interim
Hourly rate: £ 34 inside IR35