An exciting opportunity has arisen working for a healthcare provider based in Surrey. My client is looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager to manage, monitor and control projects for the Trust, specialising in Mechanical and Building Services Engineering design and collaborate with agency and contract staff, to ensure statutory and legal compliance and improved customer service.
The Mechanical Project Manager will also work closely with other members of the Capital Projects Team, clients and contractors to manage projects which meet the needs of the Trust, which are value for money and flexible to the changing needs of delivering excellent patient care, in a safe working environment.
Main responsibilities and duties
– To carry out day-to-day project management and co-ordination of the Mechanical and Building Services Engineering aspects of refurbishment projects.
– To provide professional Mechanical and Building Services Engineering expertise
– To co-ordinate and maintain the assembly of Operation and Maintenance manuals, Test Certificates and As-Built drawings for all completed projects, as a part on the Trust’s BIM process.
– To liaise and communicate with client representatives.
– To assist in production of pre-tender estimates in the specialist field for client Departments and to agree valuations for projects.
– To conduct Mechanical and Building Services surveys, investigations and feasibility studies for both refurbishment and new building projects and assess the suitability of existing infrastructure for extension and modification within the proposed redevelopment of the district hospital sites. To diagnose Mechanical and Building Services related faults for the production of preliminary proposals and documented assessment of Health and Safety risks. To produce reports recommending acceptable solutions.
– To carry out the full design and production of detailed Mechanical and Building Services specifications and drawings; and contract documentation. To manage the construction and commissioning of engineering services for building projects, ensuring that they meet the Trust’s service demands, including agreed costs and programme.
It is essential the successful candidate has an appropriate and relevant professional management qualification to degree level or equivalent experience and can demonstrate relevant 3-5 years previous experience of project management and Mechanical and Building Services engineering design. It is essential you have the ability to work with advanced keyboard skills in the use of IT systems, including Word, Excel, and CAD (AutoCAD).
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Reference - 5923
Duration - 6 months ongoing
Hourly rate: £ 38 to £40