MMP Consultancy are working with apublic-sector organisation to recruit a Procurement Manager on an permanentcontract.
You will be responsible for supporting the Director of Procurement in the ongoingdevelopment of a strategic and professional procurement team that acts as acentre of commercial expertise for the business. We areseeking a Procurement Manager who can develop and maintain a structuredsupplier portfolio, ensuring credentials are accurate and in date.
- Procurement of goods and services in an effective and economical way to support continuous business process improvement and to achieve value for money for the business.
- Provide advice, guidance and support throughout the business to ensure procurement processes are compliant, effective and provide best possible value.
- Instigate and evolve a Digital and Transformation Category Strategy, gaining buy in and input from key stakeholders.
- Ensure procurement occurs in accordance with statutory regulations and best practice guidance.
- Deliver effective procurement to comply with framework and bespoke procurement methods.
- Responsible for managing the procurement and tendering of a range of goods and services through implementation of innovative procurement strategies.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with critical suppliers to remain abreast of new products and innovation to give the business a competitive advantage.
- Support the business to apply total cost of ownership principles in all procurements and throughout the existing supply chain, which is reflected in the business case life cycle process
- Form strategic partnerships with key suppliers, sharing supplier/business technology roadmaps to maximise contractual performance
- Support the delivery of measurable cost savings and efficiencies on third party IT related expenditure including both business as usual and key transformational projects.
- Build strong and effective relationships with the Digital Transformation Director, IT Operations Director and the Chief Information Officer to deliver a pipeline of projects in support of the business wide Change and Transformation Programme.
- Public sector/not for profit/charitable IT procurement background and be able to demonstrate a substantial working history in this area
- Degree educated and MCIPS (or working towards) – also essential, an active CIPS membership is required
- We will be happy to consider private sector with the right IT Procurement experience & qualifications – please note the higher end of the salary scale will only be considered for strong public sector experienced candidates.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable experience of leading on a range of successful over threshold ‘OJEU’ procurements utilising a range of procedures i.e. open, restricted, competitive dialogue, etc
- A good practical knowledge of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Extensive experience of delivering cost savings and efficiencies through procurement and supply chain activity.
- Proven ability to identify cost saving opportunities through well-developed spend analysis and category management skills.
- Well-developed relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Understanding of supply chain logistics.
- Experience of sustainable procurement and aware of the relevant laws surrounding social value and the localism agenda.
- Procurement experience within the housing sector would be desirable
Per annum: £ 50000 - £60000