MMP Consultancy are currently seeking an experienced Projects Manager (Fire) for an interim contract working within a London Housing Association.
This vacancy is to ensure the effective running of specialist projects in major works and fire remedial actions for both internal and external projects. Candidates with fire experience essential.
Title: Projects Manager (Fire)
Salary: £350 per day LTD (Inside IR35)
•Successfully project manage individual remedial works packages to individual buildings.
•Liaise with residents and stakeholders on major defects projects, including dealing with complaints.
•Keep up to date with changes in legislation and recognised good practice in construction.
•Provide expert advice on health and safety issues arising from major defects and their rectification works.
•Management of 1 member of staff.
•Assist and support the Assistant Director in leading a programme of major remedial works projects.
•Assist with the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of a remedial works programme for major building defects.
•Assist in establishing and managing an overarching programme of projects, to include all fire safety related major works projects.
•Assist in creating a strong internal and external customer focus in programme delivery.
•Monitor health and safety performance of contractors and ensure they are compliant with legislation and procedures.
•Procure and manage construction and service contracts for Consultants and Contractors for major defect projects.
•Achieve a high-quality cost-effective project delivery for residents.
•Ensure that exposure to risk from a Health and Safety or Statutory Compliance failure is minimised.
•With other members of the senior property management team ensure compliance with all statutory health and safety duties.
•Carry out all obligations relevant to your role under the internal procedure.
• Degree or degree level intellect OR 5+ years’ experience in delivering Projects
• Fire safety related qualifications would certainly be an advantage for this role
• Proven track record in construction project management
• Qualification in Building Surveying, Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management or non-cognate degree and conversion route
• We will consider candidates with a strong track record without all the formal qualifications, provided they are on a route seeking MRICS, MCIOB, MAPM or IOSH status
Duration - Rolling 3 Months
Hourly rate: £ 350 Per Day (Inside IR35)